Danone Nutricia in Cuijk (NL) is a European leader in powdered milk for infant nutrition. The company was faced with a series of urgent targets. Operating efficiency needed a boost, rationalizations had to be carried out in maintenance and purchasing. Supply-Point Manager Gert-Jan Hoogers contacted ARV Group for support.
ARV Group presented a plan tailored to the supply point's needs. The assessment showed that the plant could, in fact, achieve structural savings even more ambitious than what management had first considered feasible.
- Two-part objective: to optimize operational efficiency among the Europeans supply points and to change mentality and behavior within the organization as the basis for continuous improvement of its production and business processes.
- The introduction of results-based performance management systems.
- The implementation of an efficiency improvement campaign - bases on "lean" operations and world class manufacturing practices.
- Focus on major cost drivers such as OEE, waste, maintenance and purchasing.
- Implementation in "waves" over a two-year period, thereby providing the benefit of sharing best practices between Danone Numico's European supply points’.
- Structural savings of almost € 3 million annually,
- A boost in OEE of 20 to 40% on two spray-dryers and two packaging lines,
- Significant and sustainable economies in maintenance and purchasing,
- As spin-off: continuous improvement processes firmly in place through the entire organization.