When Attero went public in 2009, a trend was already being seen towards lower compensation for waste-processing and sector-wide surplus in production capacity. Faced with stiffer competition and tighter margins, the B&M division recognized the need to involve the entire organization in generating and implementing lasting improvements and cost reductions.
- The setting up of a new performance management system and coaching key players within the organization.
- Analyzing and providing structure for ideas in a practical, factual way, and helping to translate them into cohesive and coherent implementation plans.
- Implementation of the new performance managementsystem, including clear responsibility for task, dashboards, monthly steering committees and regular consultations between division management and the project managers.
- Our colleagues at Ontwikkelingspartners helped B&M staff and employees "on the job" with the process of learning to convert more abstract project plans into a coordinated and concrete implementation process and to develop the necessary competences.
- Original base-case savings targets surpassed by almost 50%
- Culture change in motion towards consistent, project-based approach and continuous improvement
- Performance Management system and lasting improvements firmly in place