The original request from Smilde Bakery's management was to carry out a feasibility scan of the possibilities for merging the activities of the production facility in Mijdrecht with the one in Edam. Could such a move result in significant savings, and would it also leave room for the company to continue growing its market share?
- Renewed focus on professional and personal development as part of longer-term strategy
- Systematic operational planning integrated into company culture
- Base-case financial targets surpassed within two years
- All conditions created for plant optimization and merger
- Improvements in reporting methodologies and company culture
- Operations more results-oriented and fact-based
- Original base-case savings targets exceeded by almost 20%