Smilde Foods operates in a price-driven market characterized by seasonal overcapacity, and the integration of two major locations presented them with several challenges: how to provide the structure needed to boost profitability and make best use of the investments made pending the move? How to quantify and monitor efficient operations after such a huge shift in the company's manufacturing footprint? And how to ensure the proper, results-oriented development of operators and other key figures?
- Facts-based operational planning and feedback integrated into company culture
- Continuous improvement process back on track after plant merger
- Organizational and personal development, daily control system up and running
- Target exceeded
- Change in working culture with emphasis on fact-based, results-oriented operations
- Savings exceeded the original target by more than 20%
- ARV Group provided a period of aftercare, in which it monitored developments and provided background support, including an ongoing role in human resources development